Every day over millions of Instagram photos and Facebook photos are shared. While sharing these photos, we want those to not just look good but great. That is why more and more people are now using photo editing apps. These days, everyone takes and posts pictures on their social media accounts. But before they publish them, they add beautiful stickers, filters, and more to the photos. Photo editing apps are software applications intended to edit photos on mobile devices. These kinds of apps can offer a range of features including controlling shutter speed, adding filters, and cropping. Some photo editing apps give you added features like creating an automatic setting for different scenes or creating collages.
Photo editing applications have become a part of smartphones these days. Right from clicking the ideal selfie to adding glow to a sunset photo, they can meet your editing needs with lesser efforts. In earlier times, people relied on Photoshop to edit a photo in the correct light, exposure, and color. This took them hours. Big thanks to the photo editing apps, you now can use your smartphone to edit a photo in an instant. Such apps do not simply stop with photo editing, you can use these tools to also add a slow-motion, a boomerang, or rewind effects to your vacation or home videos.
Why Create a Photo Editing App?
Nowadays, photography is the mainstream and that calls for creating a high-quality photo editing app. Everyone out there is taking photos and posting them. Moreover, they want the photos to look good and attractive. For this, they use photo editing apps that have the best and a range of features.
To be honest, a lot is involved in creating a photo editing app. Photo editing app development is not only challenging but time-consuming as well. So, if you are thinking to create a photo editing app, here is all that goes into it, according to a renowned mobile app development company.
How Does a Good Photo Editing App Works?
Though there are many different photo editing apps available in the market with exclusive features, they have the same logic behind their operation. If you want to make your own photo editing app, you should understand its working from a user’s perspective. This includes:
- Uploading a picture: The photo editing apps these days offer an option to take a picture immediately or select a photo from the library.
- Selecting a preset or a filter: After choosing a photo, users can use a filter that they like. Some apps also let you adjust the strength of the filter.
- Editing the Photo: The photo editing apps also offer you the option to change the photo. You can rotate, crop, adjust brightness, and do a lot more.
- Saving the photo: Once you have made all the changes, you get an option to save new pictures on your device.Sharing edited images: Many apps also let you share photos on social networks without needing to leave the app.
The Most Important Features To Include in A Photo Sharing App
If you are thinking to create a photo editing app, you first need to consider which functions you want and need to add. Generally, the features are categorized into two. These are basic and advanced. The basic features are the ones that are mandatory for all kinds of photo editing apps. They make them user-friendly and well-functional. However, if you want to make your app unique and different, you can choose to add the advanced features in your app.
What Basic Features Should A Photo Editing App Include?
The basic features of a photo editing app can also be considered as the MVP features while creating a photo editing app. These MVP features are used to launch an app and get feedback from the users initially. Following that, photo editing app development experts can add more thrilling and complex features.
- Account Creation: Your app should make users register and create their personal accounts. It should be followed by filling profile details with users’ data.
- Camera: It is a great idea to offer your users the chance to click pictures from the editing app directly.
- Photo Uploading: The very first feature of a photo editing app should be to add a photo that you want to edit from the phone’s gallery or the ability to clack a new picture.
- Filters: You should offer your users the option to change or add filters. They should be able to adjust different filters.
- Remove Needless Objects: Since people keep clicking photos anywhere, they need to sometimes delete unnecessary objects from the background. So, it is a great option to have in your app.
- Rotate and Crop: If you want to make a useful photo editing app, you should offer the option to change the image size as per the standardized media formats to your users. Except for that, your users will also love the option to create customized sizes.
- Collage Creation: Your app users will definitely like the feature of collage makers included in the app. With this feature, users can combine many photos to make a new one. They can collect photos in one place to create memories with this feature. With this, they can also choose the total number of photos they wish to add.
- Save The Photos And Share: Once the user has edited an image, he/she would like to save it. Your app should offer two different options to the user to either modify the photo or save a new photo. They will also like to get the added option of sharing the photos on social media like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Albums creation: Albums are required to store the edited photos. Do not forget to make the most out of the chance to share the albums with other users.
What Advanced Features Should A Photo Editing App Include?
- AR Filters: The augmented reality filters are very famous nowadays as they offer new and thrilling effects for video and photo editing. They enable the addition of diverse objects to your photos.
- Add Frames: You can also offer your users with different and beautiful frames. Users can choose a photo from the gallery of their phone and select the frame that they like.
- Change Background: You can also offer your users the chance to replace the background of the photos with just a few simple clicks. With this feature, they just need to cut a photo’s part and choose a new background.
- Retouch: Another important feature that you can add to your photo editing app is “Retouch.” This famous tool lets you remove any imperfection from the photo. The users can also make their teeth white and clear up ache or blemishes from the skin with this feature.
- Write and Draw on the Photo: Another great feature that can be included in the photo editing app is writing or drawing on the images. Users get an opportunity to add personalized texts and choose the color of their choice with this feature. This feature makes photos customized and more exciting.
Best Ways To Monetize Your Photo Editing Apps
Do you want to monetize your photo editing app? If yes, then you need to consider some specific monetization strategies. Let’s have a look at some of them here:
Though this monetization strategy is a clear one, it is quite effective. The advertisement in the app lets you make a photo editing app available for free for the users and also get in revenues for the owners. But a major drawback of this strategy is that sometimes these kinds of apps make the users annoyed due to the frequency or number of ads displayed. So, you should offer your users the chance to close the ads and get back to the editor.
In this business model, some important functions are offered to the users at no charges and users just need to pay out for some advanced functionalities only. This is the most common business model used by most photo editing applications.
This is another obvious idea. By having thrilling features and good designs, you can set a reasonable cost and earn money from the app’s paid version. However, not every user is ready to go for a paid app. Most people choose the photo editing apps that are available for free.
So, this was our guide on creating a good photo editing app for iOS or Android platforms. Though this is a perspective industry, it is challenging too. Photo editing applications are gaining immense popularity all around the work since everyone out there wants to post creative and fantastic photos. Now that you know about everything that goes into creating a photo editing app, you just have to find out a dependable photo editing app development company that can help you in the creation of photo editing app that can do wonders!